[Milton-L] Vallombrosa

John K Leonard jleonard at uwo.ca
Wed Feb 20 12:52:09 EST 2013

My vivid recollection of that 1988 conference  is that the evergreens extended all the way from the valley bottom up to the Paradisino--the lodge where Milton supposedly stayed. A few of us slept in that Spartan accommodation (no plumbing) and the conifers were both noticed and commented on. Your explanation--that the landscape may have changed since Milton's time--was also mentioned and I have since seen it in print, but cannot recall where.

John Leonard