[Milton-L] question about writer who justified Milton's blindness

Duran, Angelica A duran0 at purdue.edu
Wed Feb 13 14:49:16 EST 2013

Dear LH,

If you are looking for a literary representation of that claim, I too would be interested in knowing it. If multiple epistolary claims will do, see the entries indexed as "Milton, John" subcategory "blind" in volume 5 of French's The Life Records of John Milton. New Brunswic: Rutgers UP, 1958. It has some downright abusive comments that Milton's contemporary detractors had to say about his blindness as just desserts.

My best to you.

Adios,
Angelica Duran
Associate Professor, English and Comparative Literature
Director, Religious Studies
Purdue University
500 Oval Drive - Heavilon Hall
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907