[Milton-L] J. Martin Evans, 1935-2013

Lara Dodds LDodds at english.msstate.edu
Tue Feb 12 15:42:06 EST 2013

Thank you, Dennis, for passing on this sad news. I didn't know Martin, but had always admired his scholarship. I worked through portions of his _Paradise Lost and the Genesis Tradition_ with my MA students just two weeks ago. I would say that we all benefitted from it immensely. His scholarly work still bears fruit.

Best,
Lara Dodds

Dr. Lara A Dodds
Associate Professor and Graduate Coordinator
English Department
Mississippi State University

Phone: 662-325-2354
>>> Dennis Danielson <danielso at mail.ubc.ca> 2/12/2013 1:00 PM >>>
Dear Miltonists,

I have just learned of the death of Martin Evans this past Sunday
evening. I know that Martin was a dear friend and colleague of many on
this list. He was my doctoral supervisor -- my Doktorvater -- at Stanford.

I'm told by Cynthia Haven at Stanford that more details will be conveyed
soon, and I'll pass them on when I receive them (if someone else hasn't
done so already).

Requiescat in pace.

In sorrow and gratitude,
Dennis D