[Milton-L] J. Martin Evans, 1935-2013

Dennis Danielson danielso at mail.ubc.ca
Tue Feb 12 14:18:08 EST 2013

Dear Angelica,

Yes, one is stunned. I'm so glad also that we honoured him upon Milton's
400th birthday.

I've just sent to Cynthia Haven (the Stanford person charged with
writing an obituary) the little speech I gave in Philadelphia at the end
of 2004, when Martin was honoured by the Milton Society. I quote you in
it -- and attach it here for whatever it's worth.

Adios, also to you (and I can't think of a better word for farewell),
Dennis D