[Milton-L] Nothing to do with Milton, but . . .

Carter Kaplan antinomian2 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 23 20:00:18 EST 2013

Dear Jeffery,

World Literature Today is an outstanding journal representing an important, indeed noble, project.  Congratulations.

Carter Kaplan

International Authors
Highbrow

Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 03:59:44 +0900
From: horacejeffery at gmail.com
To: milton-l at lists.richmond.edu
Subject: [Milton-L] Nothing to do with Milton, but . . .

This has nothing to do with Milton, but since this Milton List is the only literary listserve I frequent, I'll hazard posting the news here . . .
My wife and I learned yesterday that our translation of Yi Kwang-su's novel The Soil has been recognized by World Literature Today as one of the "75 Notable Translations 2013," as I report on my blog:

http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.kr/2013/12/world-literature-today-recognizes-soil.html

I'd never heard of World Literature Today, but I guess this is a good thing.
Apologies for posting way off topic . . .
Jeffery Hodges
Ewha Womans University
Seoul, South Korea
Novella: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E18KW0K (The Bottomless Bottle of Beer)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bottomless-Bottle-of-Beer/204064649770035 (The Bottomless Bottle of Beer)

Blog: http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/ (Gypsy Scholar)

Doctoral Thesis: "Food as Synecdoche in the Gospel of John and Gnostic Texts"

Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley

Home Address:

Gunyoung Apt. 102-204