[Milton-L] Nothing to do with Milton, but . . .

Horace Jeffery Hodges horacejeffery at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 13:59:44 EST 2013

This has nothing to do with Milton, but since this Milton List is the only
literary listserve I frequent, I'll hazard posting the news here . . .

My wife and I learned yesterday that our translation of Yi Kwang-su's
novel *The
Soil* has been recognized by *World Literature Today* as one of the "75
Notable Translations 2013," as I report on my blog:

http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.kr/2013/12/world-literature-today-recognizes-soil.html

I'd never heard of *World Literature Today*, but I guess this is a good
thing.

Apologies for posting way off topic . . .

Jeffery Hodges

Ewha Womans University
Seoul, South Korea

Novella: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E18KW0K (*The Bottomless Bottle of
Beer*)

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bottomless-Bottle-of-Beer/204064649770035
 (*The Bottomless Bottle of Beer*)

Blog: http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/ (*Gypsy Scholar*)

Doctoral Thesis: "Food as Synecdoche in the Gospel of John and Gnostic
Texts"

Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley

Home Address: