[Milton-L] New Broadview Anthology of Milton's Poetry

Ross Leasure trleasure at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 09:24:29 EST 2013

Broadview wasn't interested in a volume of a dozen or so Modern English
translations of Old English poems I'm working on (including "Christ &
Satan," the OE Genesis, "Juliana," and "Elene"). Nor did they see any room
for any of the translations in their anthology of British literature,
even among the on-line supplementary texts.  I was told essentially that no
one would be interested in teaching them despite their relative importance
within the limited canon of surving Anglo-Saxon verse. All of the
selections include passages in the voice of Satan or one of his demonic
minions which, given my interest in Milton, attracted me to the project in
the first place.  Alas.