[Milton-L] Thoughts on Milton and Satan?

Stephen Buhler sbuhler1 at unl.edu
Wed Dec 4 14:04:27 EST 2013

Frank Kermode credits E. M. W. Tillyard with the remark.  See Kermode, *An Appetite for Poetry* (Harvard UP, 1989), p. 76 (in his essay on "Milton in Old Age") -- we'll all be digging through Tillyard now!

With every good wish,

Steve

Stephen M. Buhler
Aaron Douglas Professor and Vice Chair of English
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
sbuhler1 at unl.edu
402-472-1784