[Milton-L] Thoughts on Milton and Satan?

srevard at siue.edu srevard at siue.edu
Wed Dec 4 10:30:29 EST 2013

Interesting that you mention only Satan.  Have you noticed similarities between
Milton and (in Paradise Lost) God, the Son, Abdiel, Raphael, and other figures
who may illustrate aspects of a rather complex author-figure's personality? And
it may be worth noticing also that in Paradise Regained Satan's temptations and
the Son's refutations/rejections of them offer later versions, perhaps not so
much revised as refined, of "personality-projections" by this author-figure.