[Milton-L] New Milton Criticism, C. S. Lewis, and Ad Hominem Attacks

David Urban dvu2 at calvin.edu
Tue Nov 27 05:22:04 EST 2012

Yes, I'll go along with that, Jim!  :)
(Although that's really not the point in this case . . .)

>>> James Rovira <jamesrovira at gmail.com> 11/26/12 10:17 PM >>>
Perhaps more Milton first, less criticism?

Jim R

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:12 PM, David Urban <dvu2 at calvin.edu> wrote:
 Thanks for your reply, JD.  I'll admit that I'm not entirely clear what you mean by your statement, so please forgive my interpretive limitations.  Perhaps your basic point is that Milton scholarship should be more proactive than reactive, and I absolutely agree with that.  At the same time, when scholars put forward arguments that can't be backed up by the texts in question, and those arguments are put forward in misleading and perhaps even demeaning ways, I think those scholars and their tactics need to be called out.
 Thanks again,

David