[Milton-L] New Milton Criticism, C. S. Lewis, and Ad Hominem Attacks

David Urban dvu2 at calvin.edu
Mon Nov 26 22:12:13 EST 2012

Thanks for your reply, JD.  I'll admit that I'm not entirely clear what you
mean by your statement, so please forgive my interpretive limitations.  Perhaps
your basic point is that Milton scholarship should be more proactive than
reactive, and I absolutely agree with that.  At the same time, when scholars
put forward arguments that can't be backed up by the texts in question, and
those arguments are put forward in misleading and perhaps even demeaning ways,
I think those scholars and their tactics need to be called out.

Thanks again,

David

>>> JD Fleming <jfleming at sfu.ca> 11/26/12 6:31 PM >>>
p { margin: 0; }In my view, David, on this set of issues, we need more dog,
less tail. In terms of what wags what, I mean. JD Fleming