[Milton-L] Query: Milton's Allegorical Truth

Do, Lilly Lily.Do at enmu.edu
Mon Nov 26 18:09:54 EST 2012

Hello, everybody,

I'm a graduate student who's writing a research paper on Milton's use of allegories within Paradise Lost.  If allegories are a mediator between the human mind and concepts that are considered to be beyond human understandings, I'm trying to find out what role the allegorical characters Sin and Death play in a narrative that stresses the intellectual sin of desiring knowledge that goes beyond the bounds that God sets in place.  If anyone can suggest some sources that will help in my research, I would be really appreciative.

Thank you,

Lilly