[Milton-L] Milton-L Digest, Vol 72, Issue 6

Matthew Jordan matthewjorda at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:31:14 EST 2012

Milton a big deal with at least one broadly contemporary Viennese, Freud,
who, when asked to list 10 good books, noted he had not been asked to name
his 10 FAVOURITE books, among which he would certainly have included
Paradise Lost . . . The reference and precise quotation are buried in the
footnotes to chap 3 of my Milton and Modernity . . .

Matt