[Milton-L] Fallen and unfallen language

Salwa Khoddam skhoddam at cox.net
Sat Mar 31 21:53:53 EDT 2012

John,
I agree with you about the different kinds of love making before and the
after the fall.  For me the word "contagious" is most revealing of the lust
they experience after the fall, in this word's association with disease and
hellish fire.  And of course the word "seiz'd."  But on what are you basing
your conclusion that their amourous dallying  was oral sex as you
confidently state in your essay? On "fallacious" fruit?? (I'm sorry I don't
have a copy of your article to read in full, but your intro intrigued me.)
Thanks,

Salwa
Salwa Khoddam PhD
Professor of English Emerita