[Milton-L] Fw: Hanged in their coffins (Milton and Bradshaw in DNB)

john rumrich rumrich at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 5 18:38:11 EST 2012

If I remember Masson right, Cromwell's head was dipped in tar so that
it could withstand the elements and receive its "full measure of
shame."  [That may not be an exact quotation from Masson, but it's
what I remember.]  I also seem to recall Masson writing that it was
removed from official display during the 19th century.

I wonder how many are in on the secret Cambridge location?

John