[Milton-L] Fw: Hanged in their coffins (Milton and Bradshaw in DNB)

John Leonard jleonard at uwo.ca
Mon Mar 5 18:18:07 EST 2012

Re: Re: [Milton-L] Fw: Hanged in their coffins (Milton and Bradshaw in DNB)Oliver Cromwell's head was not buried until 1960 (that is not a typo). It was buried in a secret location in Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge--secret lest some Royalist zealot dig him up again. As T. S. Eliot observed, the Civil War is still being waged.

John Leonard