[Milton-L] Paradise Lost mention in Ken Russell's film Altered States

Robert Oventile rsoventile at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 5 15:20:47 EST 2012

In 1980, I saw what might have been the preview version of Ken Russell¹s
film Altered States. I distinctly recall a scene in which a character
mentions her relief at not having to take a course in Milton or Paradise
Lost. The preview version of the film underwent edits before its general
release. And the available versions of the script do not include this scene.
But Russell fought bitterly with the screen writer. Anyway: can anyone
confirm my recollection?