[Milton-L] Paradise Lost, Parallel Prose Edition (2nd edition)

Dennis Danielson danielso at mail.ubc.ca
Fri Mar 2 10:29:41 EST 2012

Dear Fellow Miltonists,

If I may I'd like to announce that Broadview Press has just re-published
my "parallel prose" edition of Paradise Lost, which first appeared to
coincide with Milton’s 400th birthday in 2008. Intended mainly for
readers who might never otherwise tackle Milton -- those who read modern
English translations of Homer or Virgil but are held back by the
structure, syntax, and vocabulary of Paradise Lost -- this edition
offers the original text of the epic on the left-hand page and a prose
rendition ("translation," if you will) of the story on the recto. More
information is available at the following address:

http://www.broadviewpress.com/product.php?productid=1121&cat=0&page=1

A short interview I gave the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation about the
first edition can be accessed via the following link:

http://faculty.arts.ubc.ca/ddaniels/DD_CBC.mp3

End of advertisement.

Many thanks.
Dennis Danielson