[Milton-L] Memorized poetry

Shell Zappa michelleazappa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 18:01:16 EDT 2012

Is Milton here referring to the epic poets who would recite history or
legend from memory, through song?

The "spirit and vigour" then is not only a benefit to the mind induced by
memorisation, but the acquiring of a skill that aids in creating poetry,
and especially the epic.

Or perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself here.