[Milton-L] Memorized poetry

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jun 15 19:30:49 EDT 2012

What one memorizes in high school doesn’t necessarily remain with one. My speech teacher in h.s. arranged for a couple of us to ‘entertain’ some local music club. I had to memorize some rather long poem by Lowell (the old fart, not Robert). I don’t even remember the title of the poem or what it was about, yet I had it well memorized in 1946.

I did memorize quite a few fragments on my own, & they were useful in getting me through my first night in the polio ward. But I don’t remember now what they were.

Carrol

  _____