[Milton-L] Memorized poetry

JCarl Bellinger dionhalic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:24:59 EDT 2012

Angelica Duran asks

"... do you give any written instructions in coordination with
the assignment?"

Milton gives instructions r.e. how to pronounce memorized texts...

...which if they were not only read; but some of them got by memory,
and solemnly pronounc't with right accent, and grace, as might be
taught, would endue them even with the spirit and vigor of Demosthenes
or Cicero, Euripides, or Sophocles.

-Carl