[Milton-L] Fish

David Urban dvu2 at calvin.edu
Mon Aug 6 10:38:09 EDT 2012

Thanks for your thoughtful reply, Jim.

David

>>> James Rovira <jamesrovira at gmail.com> 08/06/12 10:30 AM >>>
The word "guesses" was an unfortunate choice -- I think "informed opinion" would be better.  I apologize.  While I did read Surprised by Sin some years ago, I don't recall the preface, but that too should be a reliable source.  However, deference to the author at the time of the writing is one thing, but deference to the author 45 years after the fact -- especially without checking independent sources just as letters, diaries, journals, student notes, etc. -- is a bit irresponsible.

I will read your article before responding further, though.

Thanks for the reply,

Jim R