[Milton-L] Fish

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 21:45:13 EDT 2012

That's no more reliable than our own guesses, and I am assuming he would
answer honestly and as well as he can remember.  Journals and letters
written during that time or notes from his students taken at the time would
be more reliable.

I'm wondering why the question matters.  The fact that multiple possible
sources could be plausibly considered probably means his earliest work was
an extension and development of critical practice for at least a decade or
two.

Jim R

Might I make a radical suggestion here? Stanley Fish is very much with us;