[Milton-L] A Short History of Early Modern England

Bryson, Michael E michael.bryson at csun.edu
Fri Mar 18 01:09:32 EDT 2011

Posting on behalf of Peter Herman:

I am delighted to announce the publication of A Short History of Early Modern England: British Literature in Context (Wiley-Blackwell). This book aims to give literature students the necessary historical and cultural background to study early modern British literature, and it runs from the deposition of Richard II through to the early Restoration. The book is available in both hardcover and paperback (I’m hopeful it will also be an e-book), it is beautifully printed, and has nice illustrations.  I hope you will consider it for your classes. The Wiley-Blackwell website page will also allow you to read a sample chapter, the table of contents, and the index:

http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1405195606.html.