[Milton-L] Re: John Shawcross: Shoulders

Carol Barton cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 11 10:14:27 EST 2011

What a lovely way to phrase it, Sherry! A gentle giant, to be sure,
for all his fee-fie-fo-fumming . . . and the Josh Grobin song lyric
applies, too:

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.

He raised almost all of us up to more than we thought we could be,
colleagues and students alike. For me, it will hit hardest the next
time I think, "I'd better ask John . . . ." (and that will be true for
so many of us).

Best to all,

Carol