[Milton-L] John Shawcross sad news

Julia Walker walker at geneseo.edu
Tue Mar 8 21:39:37 EST 2011

He was the sweetest man -- kind, funny, generous, always eager to help an ABD or an old friend.

And then there was his scholarship . . . .

God bless.

jmw

On Mar 8, 2011, at 9:28 PM, Jenn Lewin wrote:

> Dear all, John Shawcross died tonight at 7pm.
>
> Jenn

Julia M Walker
Professor of English
State University of New York at Geneseo

"I cannot praise a fugitive and cloistered virtue, unexercised and unbreathed, that never sallies out and sees her adversary. . ."

John Milton