[Milton-L] John Martin's _The Last Judgement_

Michael Gillum mgillum at unca.edu
Tue Jun 28 15:25:35 EDT 2011

I was just looking at this remarkable picture. The Tate's notes, via
GoogleArt, say that Martin published a key identifying historical
figures among the saved, including a lot of poets and artists. I think
I recognize Blake (third row, about four over) but no Milton. Anybody
spot Milton? Or is the key available somewhere?

http://www.googleartproject.com/museums/tate/the-last-judgement-94

Interesting how the traditional layout of Last Judgements is preserved
with modification here, and in the notorious contemporary picture by
Jon McNaughton as well.

http://www.mcnaughtonart.com/artwork/view_zoom/?artpiece_id=353

Michael