[Milton-L] Tasso, Milton, and James Cameron

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:08:34 EDT 2011

Ha... the Wiki article on the "Fictional Universe of Avatar" includes
the following:

"According to Cameron, the appearance of the Na'vi character Neytiri
had some specific inspirations and requirements: she was inspired by
Raquel Welch's character in Fantastic Voyage and by Vampirella, noting
in the latter's case, "the fact [Vampirella] didn’t exist didn’t
bother me because we have these quintessential female images in our
mind, and in the case of the male mind, they’re grossly distorted.
When you see something that reflects your id, it works for you....
Right from the beginning I said, 'She’s got to have tits,' even though
that makes no sense because her race, the Na’vi, aren’t placental
mammals. I designed her costumes based on a taparrabo, a loincloth
worn by Mayan Indians."[12] "