[Milton-L] Tasso, Milton, and James Cameron

Schwartz, Louis lschwart at richmond.edu
Wed Jun 22 11:54:27 EDT 2011

I don't recall what he has to say about the particular lines that have come up, but those interested in the dynamics of gift-giving in Paradise Lost might find the section on Milton in William Flesch's Generosity and the Limits of Authority:
Shakespeare, Herbert, Milton (Cornell, 1992) interesting in this regard.  I think it's a terrific book, and too often overlooked, I think.

Louis

Louis Schwartz
Professor of English
English Department