[Milton-L] A.E. Housman Misquoted on John Milton

Enna Martina eoor at planet.nl
Tue Jun 7 06:22:40 EDT 2011

God's will suggests a kind of absolute will, which cannot be the case. God's will is only partly free. I think Milton was aware of it.
Satan has a will too and the battle between God and Satan is the struggle between good and evil. The principle (conflict) of good and evil is also present in mankind. The principle of polarity is present in the cosmos as positive and negative poles just like in a magnet; starting from energy which is the basis, all of it works according to a certain logic. Mankind to a certain extent has a will too, but again, not absolute; this makes mankind contributory to the whole system.
According to Roger Penrose, the British mathematician and physicist, (also known for the Penrose tiling) it will turn out that morality is not a social phenomenon but has a deeper origin as a Platonic element in the cosmos. I quote Penrose (article in a journal): "For Plato and his ideal world three elements were important: truth, beauty and morality. I searched after the mathematical truth. That is the truth in its purest form, which already seems to exist somewhere and which one can discover. And anyway not per definition always connected with the physical world."
Cosmology is very interesting and seems as we progress to come closer to the old religious beliefs.
I apologise to the scholars, I could work it out if wanted.

Best regards,

Enna Martina.