[Milton-L] "Naked" in Paradise Lost

Michael Gillum mgillum at unca.edu
Sat Jul 30 11:00:35 EDT 2011

Thank you, Jeffery. M's usages of this word clearly illustrate how language
responds to the changing moral conditions in PL. It would make a good
pedagogical exercise or short paper assignment.

"Naked majesty" is an interesting oxymoron in the context of fallen
history/politics, where it's all about hats.

Michael