[Milton-L] from unlibidinous to non-jealous

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 17:52:43 EDT 2011

Thank you for the question. Yes, I considered the implication of those
passages in a later post.  I'm still a bit ambivalent, as all
references to God's jealousy in Scripture assume a fallen humanity --
the context is always unfaithfulness, which would be absent from the
prelapsarian world.  For that matter, there's no competition, and the
only other human being would be one's children or grandchildren from A
& E's perspective, whether in the Biblical narrative or in PL.  I
don't think that jealousy and/or possessiveness would even be
possible.  I have not read Milton's DDD in some years.  I'm curious
what it might contribute to the discussion...

Jim R