[Milton-L] Re: Fallen vs. Unfallen Sex

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:25:38 EDT 2011

What impresses me about this conversation is the level of complexity
that is always present in PL, even when Milton bends his narrative
toward the erotic.  That is what sets it apart from what I normally
consider pornography, which tends to lack complexity and seldom even
strives for it.  I don't see how PL and Debbie Does Dallas can be said
to be attempting to achieve the same effect.  I don't see this claim
as supporting any kind of dogmatism, but rather trying to avoid
reductionism in literary treatments of the erotic.

Jim R