[Milton-L] Nude or Naked?

Michelle Zappa michelleazappa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 10:14:55 EDT 2011

I believe that as it relates to art, sculpture, photography, 'nude' refers
to posed - and therefore unnatural - whilst 'naked' means simply someone
unclothed - and therefore natural. The artist has purposefully positioned
the unclothed body to create the right mood when
painting/sculpturing/photographing a nude. What was so interesting about
Lucian Freud, in the article referenced above, was that he managed to make
his posed models look as though they were entirely naturalistic.

I'm not sure that that is entirely relevant to Milton, but there we are...

Michelle