[Milton-L] "erotic" versus

richard strier rastrier at uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 21 17:20:25 EDT 2011

Just to be clear, and to continue to be "outrageous" (and consistent), my answer
to your "rhetorical" question (clearly meant to be a knock-down) -- "Do you
really think Milton consciously intended his audience to be sexually aroused by
parts of PL?" -- my answer is YES.

I'm afraid that the words "consciously intended" don't frighten me.