[Milton-L] The Doctrine and Discipline of Gay Divorce

Brendan Prawdzik brendanprawdzik at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:18:45 EDT 2011

Brief note of interest: I taught a section on the same-sex marriage
controversy in my 2005 R&C/lit course titled, *V-Chips and Codpieces:
Intersexions of Modern and Early Modern Texts*.  I coupled the pro/con gay
marriage texts with selections from *DDD* and *Tetrachordon*.  The students
came to the consensus "independently" (quotation marks denoting some irony)
that John Milton's arguments were the strongest of the bunch for upholding
the legitimacy of same-sex marriage.  These were UC Berkeley students ...

BP