[Milton-L] It's Confirmed!

JD Fleming jfleming at sfu.ca
Wed Jul 20 18:16:13 EDT 2011

I'm afraid I see this one the other way around: what's interesting is precisely how much is the _the same_ between the book 4 and book 9 representations of sexuality. Centering on the word "Seized."

Neither do I see what basis there is for the claim that readers feel uncomfortable about the book 9 scene; or that Adam and Eve do. Sex is "the solace of their sin." After the fact, they are horrified at having fallen. But this is nothing directly to do with their copulation. They would have been fallen, on the basis of their disobedience, whether or not they then decided to play their favorite game. JDF