[Milton-L] PL 575 (075)

ieb at simnet.is ieb at simnet.is
Mon Jul 18 18:55:12 EDT 2011

Thank´s a lot for this Horace Jeffery Hodges,

I had read that Galileo was blind indeed, but I forgot, so I will have
to use something like Galileo senses the look of Milton instead of observes.
Blind people can sense a lot of things, but I guess that observing is too much to ask.

I just found it so fascinating that those two great men had met each other
that I just had to try to compose a poem about it.

The reason I mention relativity is, that Galileo changed the way we look at the world, and
the theory of relativity did the same, so I am connecting the two tings together.

Also Galileo plunges the world into the abyss with his discoveries, nothing is secure anymore
and Milton senses that Paradise is indeed lost, there is a fire without light, and that
now everything seems crooked, relative, and unbound like the crooked tower of Pisa.

And again thank´s for reading my poem and commenting on it. You have really helped me
to improve the poem.

Ingibjorg Elsa Bjornsdottir, M.Sc. and MA student in translation studies
University of Iceland.