[Milton-L] Satan and Resentment

Terrance Lindall tlindall at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 10:53:49 EST 2011

Ok. But the arguments AGAINST St. Anslem's argument are precisely that any
type of perfect being can be proven to exist. Now, to me "that being" might
be considered to designate any "Thing," going beyond St. Anselm's limited
intentions. So, St. Anselm's argument is not proven wrong by the criticism
aforementioned, it merely proves Plato's Theory of Forms. And to me St.
Anselm's argument has NEVER been proven wrong.

And I will accept that  "LARGE SCALE resentment" is probably a "divine
madness" worthy of high consideration in this visionary poetic context! It
is just that the ostensive definition of the term, as I have experienced it
in use, usually seems a petty thing. Is Satan petty? That could be argued I
suppose. But I personally like expressions like  "eternal hatred and
unbounded wrath." That is just my personal over the top, war amongst the
gods, envisioning that inspires me.