[Milton-L] Paradise Drawn: The sequel

Dario Rivarossa dario.rivarossa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 01:54:01 EST 2011

Dear friends and scholars!

I am very grateful to you for following this column so attentively (I
know how many people did view the pictures each week. Many thanks
again).
A .pdf file containing the whole Paradise Drawn series, 21
illustrations with brief captions, is available by sending an email to
the address dario.rivarossa at gmail.com

What next?
“PL 575”.
It will be about a collection of Japanese-like haikus, i.e. very short
5-7-5-syllable poems, summing up the whole of Milton’s masterpiece.
Well, not any line in it, say something like one haiku per page. To
each of them a simple drawing, little more than a sketch, will be
united.
Since it will be about 250 poems+illustrations, it will need a posting
rhythm like two or three “issues” per week, that’s easier to say than
to do. Hmm. Will try.
As a rule, the haiku and the related drawing will simply be posted
without notes, although some explanations would sometimes be needed
about either the text or the picture --- or the relationship between
them. But, feels like it could get quite boring; besides, I would
rather like it to be an interactive process. So, as the issues are
published, I will be glad to add details about any material, on
request, and looking forward to comments, different standpoints, even
controversies, why not?

I thank you in advance for your kindness.
D“h”R