[Milton-L] KJV in NYTimes

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Tue Jan 11 13:58:54 EST 2011

I don't have paper copies of many of the texts.  Some years back I bought a set of biblical databases with the very evangelical title of "Sword Searcher." It gets revised rather frequently, though always for a fee. I haven't gone through the latest update but nevertheless have at my fingertips numerous older texts, including both the Textus Receptus and the Westcott-Hort texts, the King James, King James with Strong's Links, KingJames 2000, American Standard, Darby, Young's Literal, Tyndale, Bishop's, Geneva, and some others along with numerous evangelical translations in other languages, inclluding Luther's German (probably pre-1960), the Dutch 1637, Diodati's Italian, the Reina-Valera Spanish, and even some translations in Arabic, Chinese, Thai, Russian, and so forth.  It also has numerous out-of-copyright commentaries, including Barnes, Burkitt, Calvin, Clarke, Poole, Spurgeon, and Wesley.  I thus have rough and ready items though not ones I would particularly cite uncritically.

Jameela Lares
Professor of English
The University of Southern Mississippi
118 College Drive, #5037