[Milton-L] Reformation 15

Hannibal Hamlin hamlin.hannibal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 11:03:25 EST 2011

Dear All,

I'm pleased to announce the publication of *Reformation* 15 (2010), the
first issue under my sole editorship, with Helen Parish editing the Reviews
section. The issue is online at our website (
http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/Reformation), and print copies
should be on their way to libraries and subscribers, and generally available
shortly. Contents are listed below.

Submissions are now welcome for vol. 16 (2011) on all topics related to the
Reformation period. We continue to be interested in research on aspects of
early modern religion, in the fields of history, literature, art history,
music, theology, the history of the book, and indeed most fields, but our
purview is wide. I encourage scholars to push our envelope! 2011 is the
400th anniversary of the publication of the King James Bible, or Authorized
Version; lectures, conferences, exhibitions, television and radio programs,
publications and other events will commemorate this anniversary on both
sides of the Atlantic (for listings see http://www.kingjamesbibletrust.org/).
*Reformation* thus extends a special invitation this year for submissions on
early modern Bibles, Bible translation, and the literary and cultural
influence of the Bible.

Many thanks, and happy new year,

Hannibal

[image: Page Header]

Vol 15 (2010)

Table of Contents

Editorial

Editorial

*Hannibal Hamlin *

1-2

Articles

Truth, Lies and Fiction in William Baldwin's Wonderful News of the Death of
Paul III<http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/Reformation/article/view/9535>

*Michael Pincombe *

3-22

The Expurgation of Traditional Prayer Books (c.
1535–1600)<http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/Reformation/article/view/7775>

*Dunstan Roberts *

23-49

Special Forum: Religious Identity in Exile

Exile and Religious Identity in Early Modern
England<http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/Reformation/article/view/9793>

*Christopher Highley *

51-61

Strangers in Strange Lands: Biblical Models of Exile in Early Modern
England<http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/Reformation/article/view/9602>

*Hannibal Hamlin *

63-81

“Suffer me not to be separated / And let my cry come unto thee”: John Bale’s
Apocalypse and the Exilic
Imagination<http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/Reformation/article/view/9737>

*Gretchen E. Minton *

83-97

The Exile of Rose Hickman
Throckmorton<http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/Reformation/article/view/9735>

*Jennifer Higginbotham *

99-114

No Home in Exile? Elizabethan Catholics in
Paris<http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/Reformation/article/view/9777>

*Katie Gibbons *

115-131

“The Sweetness of Polish Liberty:” Sixteenth-Century British Jesuit Exiles
to Poland-Lithuania<http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/Reformation/article/view/9736>

*James Lenaghan *

133-150

Catholic Exiles and the English State After the Gunpowder
Plot<http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/Reformation/article/view/9778>

*Mark Netzloff *

151-167

Spanish Diplomacy and English Recusancy in Early Elizabethan
England<http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/Reformation/article/view/9733>

*Denice Fett *

169-189

Review Articles

Art, Scripture and the
Reformation<http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/Reformation/article/view/9460>

*Matthew Barrett *

191-196

Book Reviews

Edmund Spenser, *Selected Letters and Other Papers*, ed. by Christopher
Burlinson and Andrew Zurcher. Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press,
2009. 292 pp, $250/£130.00, ISBN 9780199558216.

*Jason Powell *

197-199

Peter Marshall and Geoffrey Scott, eds. *Catholic Gentry in English Society,
The Throckmortons of Coughton from Reformation to Emancipation* (Farnham:
Ashgate, 2009). Hb, 282pp., ISBN 978-0-7546-6432-1

*Cathryn Elizabeth Enis *

200-203

G. Sujin Pak, *The Judaizing Calvin. Sixteenth-Century Debates over the
Messianic Psalms*. Oxford Studies in Historical Theology. (Oxford: Oxford
University Press, 2010). ISBN 978-0-19-537192-5.

*Kenneth Austin *

204-206

*The Origins of the Scottish Reformation*, by Alec Ryrie (Manchester:
Manchester University Press, 2006). Hb. xiv, 218 pp. ISBN 0 7190 7105 4.

*Roger A. Mason *

207-209

S.K. Barker, *Protestantism, Poetry and Protest. The vernacular writings of
Antoine de Chandieu* (c.1534-1591), (Ashgate, Farnham, 2009), x + 335 pages,
5 tables, 3 appendices, bibliography, index. ISBN 978-0-7546-6491-8.

*Elizabeth Tingle *

210-213

Georgi Vasilev, *Heresy and the English Reformation: Bogomil-Cathar
Influence on Wycliffe, Langland, Tyndale and Milton*. McFarland & Company,
Inc., Jefferson, and London, ISBN 978-0-7864-3005-5

*Ralph S. Werrell *

214-216

C. Scott Dixon, Dagmar Friest and Mark Greengrass (Eds), *Living with
Religious Diversity in Early Modern Europe*. St. Andrews Studies in
Reformation History. (Aldershot: Ashgate, 2009). Hb. 301pp. ISBN
978-0-7546-6668-4.

*Kenneth Austin *

217-219

Trevor Johnson,* Magistrates, Madonnas and Miracles*, St Andrews Studies in
Reformation History (Aldershot, Hampshire, England: Ashgate, 2009), x + 354
pp., ill.

*Elaine Fulton *

220-222

Charles Hefling and Cynthia Shattuck (eds), *The Oxford Guide to the Book of
Common Prayer: A Worldwide Survey* (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006)

*Alec Ryrie *

223-224

John F. McDiarmid (ed.), *The Monarchical Republic of Early Modern England:
essays in response to Patrick Collinson* (Aldershot: Ashgate, 2007), pp.
301. ISBN 978-0-7546-5434-6

*Rachel Foxley *

225-228

John Coffey and Paul C.H. Lim, eds.,*The Cambridge Companion to Puritanism*.
Cambridge University Press, 2008. Pp. xi, 385.

*Norman L. Jones *

229-231

Scott L. Newstok, *Quoting Death in Early Modern England: The Poetics of
Epitaphs beyond the Tomb*, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2009. xiv + 228
pp.

*Peter Sherlock *

232-233

David J. Collins, *"Reforming Saints: Saints' Lives and Their Authors in
Germany, 1470-1530* (Oxford Studies in Historical Theology)" Publisher:
Oxford University Press, USA ,2008 ISBN 0195329538

*Carol Piper Heming *

234-236

--
Hannibal Hamlin