[Milton-L] Beauty dissertation

Carl Bellinger bcarlb at comcast.net
Fri Jan 7 07:32:48 EST 2011

I like Gardner Campbell's "slow hunch."  And, I suspect, the enormous bliss
M sees, feels, hears, desires, and in his own art can wield he believes to
fearful effect,  is, he also believes, way way too hot for most anyone to
handle, thus the repeated cautions along various axes: "hope no higher;"
"fear to transgress," which cautions,  if I read their tone aright , come
not from one who himself has at all times remained below.

   Perhaps related: would it be fair to say that secrecy is an essential
aspect of neo Platonism?

  And how did the Greeks have it? beautiful things are harsh [!]

Carl