[Milton-L] Final lines -- an observation

Samuel Smith SSmith at messiah.edu
Thu Feb 24 14:33:04 EST 2011

Tony and Jim,

Both essays are available in a single volume published by the New York Review of Books, which includes a third essay on Bespaloff's reading by Hermann Broch.  "War and the Iliad," 2005.

Samuel

>>> Tony Demarest <tonydemarest at hotmail.com> 2/24/2011 12:26 PM >>>
Jim-

If you can, Simone Weil's essay on the Iliad: a Poem of Force is excellent for revealing a modern appeal; Rachel Bespaloff has written an essay which may in response to Weil's. Both done during WWII, I think.

Tony