[Milton-L] "As by his Word . . ."

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Mon Feb 14 13:29:16 EST 2011

In All the Names in Heaven: A Reference Guide to Milton's Supernatural Names and Epic Similes (Scarecrow, 2002), Larry R. Isitt has traced the naming patterns in Paradise Lost to conclude that it is indeed an Arian text. I have always found Isitt's argument quite compelling.

Jameela Lares
Professor of English
The University of Southern Mississippi
118 College Drive, #5037