[Milton-L] British Milton Seminar Spring meeting

Thomas Corns els009 at bangor.ac.uk
Fri Feb 11 16:47:52 EST 2011

Dear colleagues

The more eagle-eyed will note that I have actually sent out last year's
spring agenda, not this, for which apologies. My plea in mitigation is that
I've been grading exam papers for too long; more haste, less speed as a
consequence.

I haven't got the full programme for 19 MARCH (please note the date) at
home, but will pop into the office tomorrow to send it out again. It's got
Sarah Knight on Milton the student, Warren Chernaik on Samson Agaonistes,
Sharon Achinstein on the printing of Tetrachordon, and a piece from myself
on Milton's ecclesiology.

If you're in the UK in mid March, do feel invited.

Again apologies

Tom Corns

On 11/2/11 21:35, "Prof. T Corns" <els009 at bangor.ac.uk> wrote:

> THE BRITISH MILTON SEMINAR
> BMS 39
> SPRING MEETING, 2009
> Saturday 14 March 2009
>
> FINAL  NOTICE
>

> Venue:  In   Birmingham  Central Library  on  Saturday 14 March 2009. There
> will be  two  sessions, from  11.00  am to 12.30 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00
> pm
>
> Programme: (am) Robert Wilcher (Birmingham), 'The Greening of Milton
> Criticism'; Elliott Visconsi (Yale), 'Milton's Civil Religion' (pm) Andy
> Fleck (San Jose State University), 'Milton, the Monarchy, and a Nation of
> Pismires'; Thomas Corns (Bangor) 'The Temptations of Literary Biography: the
> case of John Milton'..
>
> The  Library  is situated conveniently close both to  New  Street Station
> and  to large carparks. A map of central  Birmingham  is available   on
> request.  The seminar is open to academic and  related staff  and to
> postgraduate students, so do please draw it to  the attention  of  others
> who may be interested.
>
> Colleagues who may wish to use the Library collection while in Birmingham
> should note that the catalogue is now available online at
> www.birmingham.gov.uk/libcat.
>
> Yours sincerely
>

> Thomas N. Corns
> Joint Convener
>
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------------------------
> I  shall/ shall not be attending BMS 39 on Saturday 14 March 2009
> Name........................................................................
> Address.....................................................................
> Please  reply  to Professor T N Corns, School of  English, College  of Arts
> and Humanities, University of Wales,  Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 2DG;
> els009 at bangor.ac.uk

Gall y neges e-bost hon, ac unrhyw atodiadau a anfonwyd gyda hi,
gynnwys deunydd cyfrinachol ac wedi eu bwriadu i'w defnyddio'n unig
gan y sawl y cawsant eu cyfeirio ato (atynt). Os ydych wedi derbyn y
neges e-bost hon trwy gamgymeriad, rhowch wybod i'r anfonwr ar
unwaith a dilëwch y neges. Os na fwriadwyd anfon y neges atoch chi,
rhaid i chi beidio â defnyddio, cadw neu ddatgelu unrhyw wybodaeth a
gynhwysir ynddi. Mae unrhyw farn neu safbwynt yn eiddo i'r sawl a'i
hanfonodd yn unig  ac nid yw o anghenraid yn cynrychioli barn
Prifysgol Bangor. Nid yw Prifysgol Bangor yn gwarantu
bod y neges e-bost hon neu unrhyw atodiadau yn rhydd rhag firysau neu
100% yn ddiogel. Oni bai fod hyn wedi ei ddatgan yn uniongyrchol yn
nhestun yr e-bost, nid bwriad y neges e-bost hon yw ffurfio contract
rhwymol - mae rhestr o lofnodwyr awdurdodedig ar gael o Swyddfa
Cyllid Prifysgol Bangor.  www.bangor.ac.uk

This email and any attachments may contain confidential material and
is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete this email.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you
must not use, retain or disclose any information contained in this
email.  Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender and do
not necessarily represent those of the Bangor University.
Bangor University does not guarantee that this email or
any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure.  Unless
expressly stated in the body of the text of the email, this email is
not intended to form a binding contract - a list of authorised
signatories is available from the Bangor University Finance
Office.  www.bangor.ac.uk