[Milton-L] Hodie

Michael Gillum mgillum at unca.edu
Sat Dec 24 17:17:10 EST 2011

Recent musical posts move me to ask what commonly available pieces might be
used to represent the sort of thing Milton writes about in "At a Solemn
Music"? I thought of "Zadok the Priest" by Henry Lawes (not the Purcell
one), but it's thematically inappropriate (divine right monarchy). It was
written for the coronation of Charles II and also performed at James II's.

Best Christmas and holiday wishes.

Michael