C. S. Lewis & Lilith RE: [Milton-L] Milton & Lilith

Zámbóné Kocic Larisa larisa at lit.u-szeged.hu
Thu Apr 21 08:04:37 EDT 2011

I don't know if it was actually Lilith that had influenced Lewis, but he
certainly mentions it in his preface to George MacDonald: an Anthology
(1946).
Of Phantastes he writes: "What it actually did to me was to convert, even to
baptize ... my imagination" (MacDonald, Phantastes and Lilith (Grand Rapids,
Mich.: WM. B. Eerdmans, 1964), 11.

Larisa Kocic-Zambo