[Milton-L] Re: Milton & Lilith

Qadir ghadir2005 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 23:01:26 EDT 2011

Technically speaking, you are right. And I had the same passage in mind. But
as I read somewhere (perhaps here on this list) that Milton characterized
Sin as female as opposed to a male one in the original (Italian?) sources,
the Lilith theory became all the more tempting.

As for Mr. Blair's "Did Milton ever use the word [hexameral]?," the
Miltonists should answer the question.