[Milton-L] Milton & Lilith

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 15:13:16 EDT 2011

The overlap between the worlds of Narnia and of earth are multiple --
fictional creatures on earth are real creatures in Narnia (Father Christmas,
fauns, satyrs, centaurs, etc.), while different peoples from earth have
found their way into Narnia at different times and grown into different
nations.  I think the humans in Archenland, Calormene, and Narnia come from
different regions of earth.  It's never clear that Narnia relates that way
to other worlds, however, but "the wood between the worlds" makes it
possible that various peoples of different kinds could travel from one world
to another.  It's conceivable that the White Witch is literally the daughter
of Lilith (in the sense of direct descendant, as the Pevensie children are
called sons of Adam and daughters of Eve) within the world of the
Chronicles, but it's never explained how (to my knowledge).

Jim R